Yoga Philosophy and the Bhagavad-Gita - 100 Hours
Yoga Philosophy and the Bhagavad-Gita – 10 Days, 100 Hours
1st – 11th April 2020
About the course:-
Search for happiness is Universal. It is as old as human beings are. Every action in life is for happiness. Ancient saints recognized this. Explored and formulated time tested Philosophical solution for this fundamental human pursuit of Eternal Happiness. In this course we study essential concepts of Yoga texts and the Bhagavad-Gita.
1. Yoga Sutras:-
Summery of all chapters, Definition of Eswara ( God), Detailed explanation of Ashtanga Yoga, Different Meditations, Samadhi, Qualities of a self realized saint.
2. Hatha Yoga Pradeepika:-
Ten Yamas , ten Niyamas, food restrictions,Types of Pranayamas,Cleansing practices, Bhandhs, Dharana , Dhyana, Samadhi.
We take selected topics from Yoga Upanishads.
* Brief description of background story.
* A great hero's grief. The Bhagavad-Gita' s message.
* Karma Yoga
* Jyana Yoga
* Bhakti Yoga.
* Qualities of a self realized person.
* Spiritual guide lines of the Bhagavad-Gita
* Asana practice in morning and evening.
* Pranayama and Meditation practices.
* Yoga Nidra Practice.
TIMETABLE: DURATION IS 10 DAYS
7.00 - 9.00 :- Prayer, Asanas , Pranayama/ Meditation.
10.30-12.30:- Two classes. Theory/ Practices. 10 mins break between classes.
12.30-3.00:- Lunch break + Self studies
3.00-5.00:- Two classes. Theory/ Practice. 10 mins break in between.
5.00 - 7.00:- Asanas, Pranayama, Meditation/Yoga Nidra.
* First day opening ceremony and orientation at 7 am.
* On 7 the day, classes will be up to 9 am only. This day is for Reflection/ Contemplation on your own.
* On 10 the day, certification ceremony will be at 9 am.
- Accommodation inclusive of tax, bed linen, bath towels, hand soap & housekeeping services
- Full training course, manual & certification plus all yoga props in our roof top shalas
- Three vegetarian buffet meals breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Filtered drinking water & hot drinks including lemon ginger and chai (full day)
- A variety of evening activities open to all throughout your stay including Indian kirtan, meditations, Indian music, movie nights, chanting and meditation
- Full use of resort amenities including two swimming pools, relaxation areas, gardens and private beach access with sun loungers
- Wifi in public areas
- Shared Chakra Standard @ 1120 euros
- Single Chakra Standard @ 1470 euros
- Shared Chakra Junior Cottage @ 1220 euros
- Single Chakra Junior Cottage @ 1560 euros
- Shared Chakra Room @ 1320 euros
- Single Chakra Room @ 1720 euros
- Shared Chakra Cottage @ 1420 euros
- Single Chakra Cottage @ 1820 euros
ABOUT THE TEACHER:
Arya Murty belongs to a spiritually inclined family. He started Mantra Yoga practice at the age of 18. His Mantra based meditation practice is connected with Ganesha, Shiva and Shakti.
He left his Mathematics teacher job; Went to Rishikesh for spiritual studies. He was in Swami Dayananda Ashram for three years as a residential student ( Bramhachri). He studied the Bhagavad-Gita, Yoga Sutras and other spiritual texts. A residential student of Sivananda Ashram guided him in improving his Yogic practices.
He lived in semi forest areas, holy temple premises, for a period of four years in doing intense mantra chanting and meditation.
After completing studies in Rishikesh, he went to Kerala. He learned systematic way of worshipping and performing simple Fire Ritual as per Kerala Smarta Tantra Tradition.
He lived for four years in Kollur, abode of Bhagvati Mukambika , a small village in the Western Ghats of Karnataka. In those days, he used to do intense mantra chanting of Goddess; and meditation on form and formless aspects of Goddess. He used to be silent from 6 Am to 6 Pm, on everyday.
His teaching background, committed spiritual studies, wandering lifestyle and intense practices moulded him as successful teacher. His classes will be well structured, clear and methodical. Unfolding complex concepts in simple stories is his unique.
He believes and often say to his students, ' You are unique. On this planet no one is equal to you. Never imitate others. Recognize your potential. Follow your Inner Master. You will be successful in all walks of life."
His daily practices are:-
* Mantra recitation. Meditation.
* Chanting the Bhagavad-Gita, Yoga Sutra, Selected topics of Upanishads.
* Observing silence.
Highlights of his classes are:-
* Clear presentation of the Subject.
* Unfolding complex concepts with simple, humorous stories.
* Considering individual differences.
* Making everyone comfortable.
Arya is ERYT 500 hours, and qualified to provide courses under" Continuing Yoga Education".
This courses is for those who have completed 200 hrs TTC for these people courses can be registered with Yoga Alliance as Continuation of Yoga Education
But anyone can do this course.
Pre requisites are:-
* Basic asana practice.
* Ability to sit in a meditative pose for 30 mins.
* Most important is...open mindedness.
Please email email@example.com for more information or to book. Arya Murty is also available via email & whats app for pre-course communication