Yin Yoga Therapy Training - 200 hours
YIN YOGA THERAPY TRAINING 200 HOURS
1st - 28th April 2020
TRADITIONAL YOGA FOUNDATIONS,
DAOIST ELEMENTS & MERIDIANS, MINDFULNESS
Want to learn a style of yoga that’s focused on establishing balance for body, mind and soul? Get all the knowledge to start your teaching practice with a focus on Yin Yoga in this 200 hours teacher training and gain the Yoga Alliance Certificate to share this wisdom.
For an embodied experience of the theory behind the practice students will practice teaching from the second week onwards. Stretched over a month there is time plenty of to practice teaching and the student will leave this training feeling confident with a broad yoga background to lead a yin yoga therapy class.
Yin Yoga waves all layers of our being – physical, energetic and mind - into a seamless whole, allowing a sublime experience of peace. The stillness of the long held static stretches with relaxed muscles in Yin Yoga allows the space for awareness and the opportunity to reveal and release deep layers of tension held within our connective tissues.
In this training you will have the opportunity to learn to release physical and emotional tension, free blocked and stagnant energy, cultivate a peaceful quality of mind. By practicing Yin we are practicing acceptance and surrender, connecting our body to a Zen state of mind and we create the space to allow energetic and physical healing to take place.
Yin Yoga Therapy Teacher Training - 200 hours- Content:
In our 200hrs training you get to know the basics of a classical yoga teacher training and in addition we immerse in a journey through all the Daoist elements and their healing wisdom. You will learn all about the ancient wisdom of the main Oriental Medicine Meridians and the Chi flow in the body. You will gain deep insight in each element and the correlating acupuncture meridians, points and organs. Find out about their subconscious value, the effects of the applied body acupressure points and the Yin Yoga poses to help balance those. We explore in detail each body target area and its correlation with the chi flow in the body. We show you ways of emotional healing and the releasing of energetic blockages in the poses. As we put our bodies in certain positions, different meridian energy streams get stimulated and we activate our body’s own healing powers.
You will learn more about additional tools and different meditation techniques to support this process. We offer you insight into the power of visualization and breath, Yoga Nidra, mantras, mudras and chakras. There will be different meditations, chanting circles and acupuncture healing circles.
To complete an understanding of yoga in all its variations we talk about the anatomy of the muscular and skeletal body, the AyurvedicDosha system and share different aspects of yoga philosophy and foundations like the eight limbs and Patajalis yoga sutras.
In our Circles of Transformation we create a save space to share and connect. Together we open the gates to a long lasting transformation.
Yin Yoga Therapy Teacher Training - 200hrs - Curriculum
Foundation, Definition and Theory of Yin Yoga
Physical / energetic / soul & mind
Practice of Yin Yoga
- The classic Yin Poses + variations
- Additional upper body poses, wall poses and modifications
- Special situations / Target areas
- The 8-point-pose-analysis-principle
The Art of Teaching Yin
- Intention / Expression / Context / Tools
- The art of sequencing a yin class
- Sequences for each meridian and Daoist element
- Students teaching practice - Embodied practical experience
Yin Therapy, Chi & the Meridian Flow in the Body
- Yin / yang / chi defined
- 5 Daoist elements & the three treasures
- 12 primary traditional Oriental Medicine Meridians & their healing wisdom
- + Physical, energetic and emotional value
- + Functional aspects in the pose
- Dan Tien breath
Mindfulness history, concept and practice
- Acupressure points for each meridian and pose
- Anatomy of the mind
- An invitation to mindful living
- Tools to transformation
- The power of visualization & the Dan Tiens
- Basics of Oriental Medicine & Ayurveda
Daily Yoga Practice
Morning class for self practice of different dynamic yang styles of yoga – its all about the balance
Lead Yin classes and interactive Yin workshops with pose and sequence Analysis
Basic Anatomy & the Theory of Exercise
The physical theory of the practice, everyone’s unique variation of the structure of our skeleton, aesthetic vs. functional alignment, compression vs tension, joints and their movements, fascia and tensegrity, the piezoelectric principle in the poses
Yoga Philosophy and Basic Foundations
Overview of different yoga styles, history and people, the 8 limbs of yoga, Patanjali yoga sutras, pranayama, chakras, mudras & mantras, spiritual concepts
Different meditations, Yoga Nidra, chanting, healing sessions, circle of transformation, mindful sunset walks …
Included in Pricing:
- Accommodation inclusive of tax, bed linen, bath towels, hand soap & housekeeping services at Devarya Wellness
- Yin Yoga Training, Certification plus all yoga props
- Three healthy, vegetarian & vegan buffet meals breakfast, lunch & dinner
- Filtered drinking water & hot drinks including lemon ginger and chai (full day)
- A variety of evening activities open to all throughout your stay including Indian Kirtan, OSHO meditations, Indian music, movie nights, chanting and meditation
- Full use of resort amenities including two swimming pools, relaxation areas, gardens and private beach access with sun loungers
- Free Wifi in public areas
- Pool towels - beach towels not included
- Smoke free environment
Pricing - per person total stay
Shared Room (based on two sharing in a twin room)
- Shared standard – 2350 euros
- Shared Chakra – 2650 euros
- Shared Cottage – 2880 euros
Single Room Pricing
- Single standard – 2880 euros
- Single Chakra – 3420 euros
- Single Cottages - 3690 euros
** 200 Euros discount per person if booked & paid in full before June 1st 2019**
With successful completion of the training you will receive a Yoga Alliance affiliated Yoga Teacher Training Certificate and a Yin Yoga Therapy Training Diploma as a component of Alexandra Denkinger M.D.(ACU) physical therapy practice, licensed and registered as Doctor of Medicine in Acupuncture M.D.(ACU) by the Indian Board of Alternative Medicine.