Yin - Yang in Balance 200 hr Yin & Vinyasa 200 hr YTT
YIN-YANG IN BALANCE
5th - 30th October 2020 or 3rd - 28th March 2021 held at our sister property Nalanda Retreat in Mandrem, Goa
200 HOURS YIN & VINYASA YOGA TRAINING. TRADITIONAL YOGA FOUNDATIONS,YIN &VINYASA FLOW SEQUENCING, DAOIST ELEMENTS & MERIDIANS, MINDFULNESS, MARKETING FOR YOGA TEACHERS
Want to find new ways to balance the body, mind &soul and broaden your skill set to encompass more than one kind of yoga? Work at the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual levels to balance yin and yang in your yoga practice and your life.
It is essential to remember that no two bodies are alike, and that our needs vary from day to day. A key part of any yoga practice is to develop awareness which helps you to observe your daily needs (mental, emotional and physical) so that you can choose and adapt your yoga practice – more pranayama, more meditation, more yin or more yang yoga asanas – to these needs and to offer you students these options. This training is designed to allow you to practice and teach the full spectrum yoga has to offer.
Yin Yoga is a deep and meditative practice that enhances your awareness, allows you to feel more subtle energies and sensations, and teaches you to listen to your body closely.
You will learn Yin Yoga’s components, principles and practice to balance your body and mind — which is how physical, emotional and spiritual healing begins—so you can build vitality, unravel energetic blockages, and boost your immunity.
The stillness of the long held static stretches with relaxed muscles in Yin Yoga creates the space for awareness and the opportunity to reveal and release deep layers of tension held within our connective tissues and to connect our body to a Zen state of mind. Here we create the space to allow energetic and physical healing to take place.
When you awaken and align your body’s underlying energy, you activate your innate process of healing and transformation. We will demystify how energy affects everything you do and feel—and show you how to work with your body and your mind. The ancient healing wisdom of the Daoist Elements and the Chi flow in the body will be guiding us into long lasting transformation.
Vinyasa Yoga is the complementary yang way of stimulating the vital energy (Chi or Prana) that flows through the fascia in meridian pathways.
While Vinyasa Yoga, also called Flow Yoga,is one of the most popular forms of yoga in the modern world nowadays, it is not fully understood.As philosophy, Vinyasa Yoga recognizes the temporary nature of things. We enter into a posture, stay there for a few breaths and then leave in transition to the next pose.
Vinyasa Yoga offers a variety of postures and no two classes are ever alike. In fact, the variable nature of this dynamic style of yoga helps to develop a more balanced body as well as prevent repetitive motion injuries that can happen out of a mechanical, fixed yoga sequence.
There are no particular body requirements to practice this style of yoga and it is NOT targeted to specific yogis, such as people with a particular body type or workout routine.
Through developing your own style Vinyasa Yoga, you will discover new ways to prepare yourself to stillness and meditation and therefore benefit your physical, emotional and mental wellbeing.
As the physical activity causes the body to sweat and expel toxins, the synchronized breathing calms the mind. Improving your cardio-vascular system and muscle strength as well as your flexibility are additional benefits of the Vinyasa practice.
Yin and Vinyasa – together create a perfect balance.
Both you and your students benefit from getting to learn two styles of yoga that complement each other so beautifully in reaching their common goal: to purify, balance and harmonize the body, mind and soul. Processing, integrating and teaching in more than one style can both serve your students and enliven your own practice.
Overview and Focus of our 200 Hours Yin–Yang in Balance
Yin and Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training:
In this 200 Hours Yin and Vinyasa Yoga Training, you will be learning:
- Two styles of yoga at once - yang or dynamic yoga and yin or passive yoga –and use them both to nurture, balance and heal yourself and others.
We offer an immersive yoga journey through dynamic yoga alongside yin yoga, learning the power of the Daoist elements alongside with Chakra and Breath Work and you’ll be exploring their powerful healing wisdom.
- Personal practice and gain hands on teaching experience in both styles.
- Foundations of a classical yoga teacher training, get a solid overview of the basics yoga, it’s history, philosophy and ethics.
- Coordinate the movement with the breath to flow from one pose to the next in Vinyasa style.Expand your own vital life force energy through a variety of dynamic kriyas, pranayama techniques and guided meditations to clear your energy on a physical, mental and emotional level. You’ll learn the withdrawal of your senses and to flow in classroom with your students freely.
- The precious art of sequencing your Vinyasa Yoga classes. Use traditional pranayama techniques for your own and others’ wellbeing, and combine them within a contemporary dynamic yoga scenario to re-balance the chakras, and to diverse physical and emotional needs of yourself/your students.
- Embody mindfulness principles in your Yin yoga practice. You’ll learn all about mindfulness theory and practice to design mindfulness classes and guide your students through a mindful practice on the mat, and invite them to use mindfulness and additional toolslike visualizations and mudras in their daily life to promote a long lasting transformation.
- Learnabout Yin Yoga’s Oriental Medicine aspect, theDaoist Elements and the Chi flow.Get to know sequences according to the Elements and Meridians to integrate this ancient healing wisdom in your Yin yoga practice and teaching.
- Look into the AyurvedicDosha System, Doshas Analysis and Tips for Wellbeing.
- For a complete package get to know the basic anatomy of the muscular and skeletal body, physiology and biomechanics principles & the theory of the exercise.
- A variety of different meditation techniques are offered as additional tools to support your teaching experience. We look into the power of Visualization and Inspirational Breath, Metta Meditation, Heart Opening Meditation, Yoga Nidra, Mantras, Mudras and Chakras, Contact Improvisation practices, Full Moon Circle rituals, and Acupuncture Healing Sessions and Transformational Healing and Sharing Circles.
- The Art of Sharing and Connecting, you’ll be learning to create a healing circle to allow your students to heal and to connect with each other.
- And to take your yoga teaching to the next level we look into your professional development.Yoga Alliance’s Code of Conduct and the Credentialing Process will be discussed as well as Marketing For Yoga Teachers are offered alongside the art of promoting your own yoga & wellness retreats with tricks and tips for building a healthy and solid yoga business.
For an embodied experience of the theory behind the practice, students will start teaching both styles from the second week onwards. Stretched over a month, there is plenty of time practice teaching and the student will leave thisYin-Yang In Balance Yoga Training feeling confident,having gained a broad dynamic and yin yoga background being able to sequence Vinyasa Yoga and Yin Yoga classes, and lead creatively and intelligently classes in both styles.
In this Yin-Yang In Balance 200 Hours Yin and Vinyasa Yoga training, you will also gain the opportunity to release physical and emotional tension and stress, free blocked and stagnant energy, recognize your students physical and emotional needs and to address yoga practices to a variety of diverse physical and emotional scenarios and challenges.
By practicing Yin and Yang together, we are re-balancing the body, mind and soul at once, practicing acceptance and surrender. Working with our breath and fine-tuning our intuition and insight will allow us to deepen the understanding of our own and others’ physical and emotional wellbeing
‘Yin–Yang In Balance’200 Hours Yin & Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training-Curriculum
Foundation, Definition and Theory of Yin and Vinyasa Yoga
Physical / energetic / soul & mind
Practice of Yin & Yang Yoga
- The classic Yin & Yang Poses + variations
- Additional poses and modifications
- Special situations / Target areas / Meridians / Chakras
- The 7-point-asana-analysis-principle
The Art of Teaching Yin
- Intention / Expression / Context / Tools
- The art of leading a yin class/ seduction to stillness
- Sequences for each meridian and Daoist element and their healing wisdom
- Students teaching practice - Embodied practical experience
- How to use Props in Yin Yoga / Special situations
The Art of Teaching Vinyasa Flow
- Intention / Warm up / Context / Tools
- Directional language, tone of voice, cues and demo, extra verbal and body tools
- The art of sequencing a Vinyasa Yoga class based on theme / chakra / peak pose / extra ideas to sequence a flow yoga class
- Breath instructions and context
- Students teaching practice – Embodied practical experience
- Yoga Props for Yang Yoga
Extra Yin and Yang Yoga focus
- Acupressure points and Meridian Flow
- Prana or Chi Flow activation
- Dan Tien breath / Yin Healing / Supporting transformational healing tools
- Mindfulness history, concept and practice
- Anatomy of the mind
- An invitation to mindful living
- Tools to transformation& self-empowerment
- Basics of Oriental Medicine & Ayurveda
Daily Yoga Practice
- Morning Vinyasa Yoga
- Opportunity for Self-practice / Sadhana
- Different styles of dynamic yoga are explored and deepening the knowledge of Vinyasa Flow
- Afternoon Yin Yoga Immersion
- Yang and Yin sequence and poses analysis
- Yang and Yin Yoga interactive workshops and student lead classes
Basic Anatomy & the Theory of Exercise
- The physical theory of the practice
- Anatomy of the muscular and skeletal body
- Biomechanical principles, joints, their save movementsand stabilization, contraindications
- Physiology such as nervous system, cardiovascular, endocrine, digestive systems, respiratory system
- Anatomical and intelligent alignment principles
- Aesthetic vs. functional alignment
- Everyone’s unique variation of the structure of our skeleton
- Compression vs tension
- Fascia and tensegrity,
- The piezoelectric principle in the poses
Yoga Foundations- History, Philosophy and Ethics
- Overview of different yoga styles, history and people
- The 8 limbs of yoga and Patanjali yoga sutras
- Spiritual concepts
- Class management
- General professionalism
- Marketing and promotion
- Credentialing Process with Yoga Alliance
- Responsibility and Accountability
- Scope of Practice and Code of Conduct
Different meditations, Yoga Nidra, chanting, healing sessions, sharing circles, contact improvisation, circles of transformation, mindful sunset walks
Included in Pricing:
- Full board accommodation inclusive of tax, bed linen, bath towels, hand soap & housekeeping services at Nalanda Resort in Mandrem, North Goa. Breakfast / lunch and dinner
- Yin-Yang In Balance - 200 Hours Yin & Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training Program, Extensive Manual, Welcome Bag, Certification with successful completion plus all yoga props for the duration of the teacher training corresponding to 4 weeks.