Vamana Panchakarma (vomiting or emesis)
Emetic Detox, where first the doshas are accumulated from the body into the stomach, where it is then thrown out of the body with vamana. Common to balance Kapha Dosha.
Vamana Panchakarma can be of benefit to breathing difficulties, coughs & hoarseness in the throat and bad breath. Can help to ease drowsiness & lethargy. Indigestion, sinuses & migraines. Weakness & lightness of the head and body.
400 euros per person – In addition to yoga holiday package price which must be taken
Recommended length of Detox:
Our Ayurvedic detox programs need a minimum of 7 nights, because of this it is advisable to allow for extra nights before and at least after your detox before departing for your onward travel. This allows for rest and recovery time. Two types of Panchakarma can be completed in a 14 night stay, but the extra rest days are still advisable. We recommended a stay of 8 or 15 nights.
- Arrival consultation with your Ayurvedic doctor
- Welcome bag – tote beach bag, notepad & pen, stainless steel water bottle, relaxing incense, positive affirmations and your Panchakarma information pack
- Three Ayurvedic massages
- Two holistic body massages
- Two shirodhara treatments
- Two daily classes of yoga if advised as part of your program
- Meal plan & meals
- Panchakarma Vamana treatment
- Evening group activities including meditation, yoga nidra etc
- Departure consultation with your Ayurvedic doctor
Example of Vamana Panchakarma Days 1-6
- 30am – Warm ghee is given to drink
- Yoga is available at 8am & 4pm however this is only advised if you are feeling energetic enough
- 8am – Abhyanga Oil Massage is given on applicable days (3 times a week)
- Warm Kichardi is given for lunch & dinner
- Between 3pm – 6pm Shirodhara treatment is given on applicable days (2 times a week)
- Warm water is to be consumed only, during your detox.
- Vamana procedure is given in your room by the doctor from 6.30am. Medicated liquids will be given for a full stomach & vomiting is induced. This process will take around 2 hours.
What to expect:
Your detox starts with a consultation by our in-house Ayurvedic Doctor assessing your body constitution, meaning you are assessed as a person, before any ailment. This includes history & current living and lifestyle habits alongside a physical assessment. In this way our Doctor can assess your dosha type according to the Ayuvedric Tridosha which plays a vital role in your detox program.
Our Doctor will create a specialised meal plan to accompany your chosen detox program, this will be available to you either at our buffet meal times or as & when you require. Our restaurant team will support you with this during your detox.
During the process of detoxification your body will feel fatigued and weaker, because of this we do advise that the daily yoga classes are only taken if you are feeling energized & able. Our doctor will also advise you on this during your consultation and during the course of your detox program. The detox is a time for rest, over exerting yourself will be detrimental to your detox and health.
We do ask that you follow the program as recommended by our Doctor; this will ensure positive results for you & your health and safety during your stay with us. Our teachers, therapists and Doctors are all on hand to encourage & support you during your detox program, so you are in the best hands.
You must refrain from:
- Late nights & lack of sleep
- Alcohol & Caffeine
- Foods not advised on your program
- Heavy exercise or activity
- Travelling long distances
No yoga or physical activity is advised on the day before, the day of and the day after your panchakarma procedure
We ask all of our guests to complete a pre-arrival declaration and personal information form honestly & openly. Including declaration of any past or current medications, substance abuse, addictions, allergies, mental health & congenital diseases. In order for our professional health care team to best support you, you need to be completely transparent with our team. All of our guest information is confidential and secure, you can be sure that at Devarya you are in safe & supportive hands with a professional & non judgmental team. We recommend you begin to reduce your alcohol & toxic substance intake a few days before arrival including smoking and processed foods.
You will be advised on the best nutrition, therapies, treatments and lifestyle changes according to your dosha in order to follow your new wellbeing path during your stay with us and beyond.
You may be advised on some herbal supplements to take away with you, this is chargeable at additional cost.
Whilst we take every care to meet your needs and support you during your detox program we cannot be held liable to cure dis-orders, diseases and other ailments physical or mental. We have an expectation that it is your responsibility to follow the program and all advice given during your stay, so that you will benefit as much as possible from your program.