Elements of Yoga - 200 Hour Teacher Training
DATE:- 8th Feb to 1st March 2021
200 Hour Teacher Training
Join Joan Hyman in Goa, India for a 200-Hour Teacher Training that will offer a solid foundation for your yoga practice and plant the seeds to teach. This Yoga Alliance certified training will include three weeks of intense study of yoga, philosophy, subtle body, anatomy, and sequencing in a blissful setting of Goa, India.
The schedule will include long morning practices that will explore a theme pose of the day along with pranayama and meditations. Afternoons will be a range of learning hands-on adjustments and how to read bodies, understanding sequencing, diving deep into anatomy, and philosophy, and practice teaching. Be prepared each day to absorb new information as you embark on this transformational path.
This training is open to anybody looking to deepen their practice and explore Mother India, the birthplace of yoga. If you have the desire to teach yoga or simply just deepen your practice, this course is definitely for you!
Elements of Yoga
This is a foundational teacher training is Yoga Alliance Certified and ideal for serious students of yoga and aspiring teachers. In this program, we will cover the different elements of yoga that will help you develop a self-practice and inspire you to teach!
This program will provide you with the tools and the knowledge to start teaching and finding your voice as a teacher. You will be begin by learning to teach the basics as we explore styles from the Ashtanga and Iyengar Methods. Joan also holds a background in meditation, Ayurveda, and different therapeutic studies which she applies to all of her trainings. This training aligns with the authentic traditions as instructed by Krishnamacharya and his students Sri K. Patthabi Jois and B.K.S. Iyengar. We will explore the details of alignments blended in with the dynamic breath based movements learning to create a vinyasa flow class that is accessible to everyone!
You will also deepen your understanding of philosophy, anatomy, subtle body, and chanting.
- The study of asana. (Yoga Postures).
- Anatomy applied to asana.
- Learn the benefits and contraindications of asana and how to make postures accessible for everyone.
- How to work with props.
- The art of reading bodies and performing hands on adjustments.
- How to teach beginners.
- The art of sequencing a vinyasa flow class.
- How to teach a yoga private.
- The history of yoga.
- Yogic philosophy from the perspective of The Yoga Sutras.
- The subtle body including, the chakras, vayus, bandhas, and pranayama.
- Restorative yoga.
- Prenatal yoga.
- How to be an effective teacher.
- How to find your authentic voice as a teacher.
- Practice teaching in a group.
- Morning practice. Includes two – three hour practices including meditation and pranayama and focusing on the asana theme of the day.
- Short Break.
- Review Sequence and postures taught.
- Lunch Break
- Philosophy discussion and study/ or Subtle Body.
- Short Break
- Hands on Adjustments, practice teaching, or a wind down practice for the day.
- One-month study. Days meet 9am – 5pm with one day off per week.
- Two- ten-day sessions followed by online work and online course.
- Two two week sessions with no online work.
- Weekend format is also available.
Two meals per day Includes a light morning snack
Accommodations For entire stay (check-in 8th Feb, Check-out 28th Feb)
Yoga and Meditation Evening activities and classes with Joan
Teacher Training Manual For those that are in the training
Rooms cleaned daily
7am - 8am - Light snack and tea/ coffee
8am - 10:30am - Yoga Practice and Workshop
10:30am - 12pm - Brunch
1pm - 3:30 - Lecture including anatomy, philosphy, sequencing, and subtle body.
3:30 - 4pm Break
4pm - 5:30pm - Yoga Workshop including theraputic, restorative, and/or pranayama. Sometimes practice teaching and hands on adjustements will be included here.
6pm - Sunset
7pm - Dinner
8:30pm - Evening Activities including kirtan, yogi nidra, meditation, shamanic sound bath, and estatic dance.
Pricing :- After early bird (1st November 2020 onward)
Shared Standard Room - 2700 Euro
Single Standard Room - 3300 Euro
Chakra Room Shared 3100 Euro
Chakra Room Single 3800 Euro
Early bird discount .
Book before 1st June 2020 and receive 300 Euro discount.
Book between 1st June to 30th Oct 2020 and receive 200 Euro Discount.