Love, Light & Bright Wellness Retreat
Love, Light and F***ing Bright India 2019
3rd - 10th Nov 2019
Hello hello my beautiful tribe,
My excitement is rising for our gathering in the mystical land of colour and sun. As a yoga teacher, running a retreat is a gift that enables me to grow with you, my tribe, and the people I am most called to serve. I promise to help you explore yoga and yourselves in a transformative way that leaves you feeling that you have grown by leaps and bounds on and off the mat.
GOOD VIBES & TANLINES
Devarya Wellness in Goa. I teamed up with Devarya’s visionary team to create a balanced Yoga retreat, born from the desire to combine all the lovely things I have learned from attending and running retreats around the world and the deep love I have for India.
- Devarya wellness is 7000 sq meters tropical Yoga retreat located in a seaside town in Goa and overlooking Morjim beach.
- The property seamlessly blends the elements of a Goan Portuguese heritage with the aesthetics of Rajasthani royalty.
- Devarya means “Divine Belief” in Sanskrit, and this beautiful Yoga sanctuary is designed to celebrate the colourful and mystical spirit of India. The property is set in lush green tropical gardens with two swimming pools and a stunning stretch of the Arabian sea.
- The rooms and cottages are airy, vibrant, filled with natural light, and beautifully decorated. Each room is designed differently, the furniture handpicked and each room’s vibe reflects one of the 7 Chakras.
- All rooms come equipped with a private bathroom, most with a private balcony, comfortable beds, spacious cupboards, fresh linen, a ceiling fan, an air conditioner and a mosquito net on request.
- The Chia Lounge is right on a stretch of private beach and serves tasty organic meals complete with superfood ingredients.
- The Yoga shala is a rooftop haven that simply inspires you and invites you to roll the mat out and practise
WHAT IS the "Love, Light and F***ing bright" RETREAT ABOUT?
This retreat is an invitation for you to take a personal journey to connect to your self, your practise and find your balance.
More immersion than retreat, it's a week of deep involvement in a mindful and consistent practice that merges Yoga with travel and holistic treatments to create a uniquely transformative experience that leaves you with a clearer intention on how to go about this amazing journey we call life.
There is a potency to practicing yoga twice a day, every day with a consistent group of practitioners under the guidance of the same teachers. It will shift your practice.
- I offer to guide you through a powerful morning Yoga practise on the airy rooftop Yoga shala.
- I will guide you through Inversions and arm balances workshops, as well as Yin and restorative Yoga masterclasses.
- I will guide you through sunset yoga sessions on the beach and together we will explore Yoga movement diversity.
- Devarya’s talented chefs will cook for you deliciously organic wholesome food, fresh fruit juices and a healthy wellness buffet breakfast and Buffet evening meal with fresh salads and authentically prepared Indian delicacies, both in the Chia Lounge beach front restaurant .
- An experienced team of holistic practitioners from India will offer you Ayurvedic and holistic treatments, Osho meditation classes, 9 different types of massage therapy from Zen-Shiatsu to tai massage, hot cupping, hypnotherapy, acupuncture and Reiki.
- Our drivers will accompany you to the colourful markets, where fabrics and jewellery merge with spices and old textiles to create an explosion of colors.
- The Arabian sea is 2 minutes away from your cottages, with a private beach access and loungers. The two swimming pools are sheltered by lush tropical gardens.
- Finish off your evening with special sessions: music, meditation, kirtan, etc.
Love, Light and F***ing bright is a week getaway wellness immersion in keeping with the spirit of India. The schedule is a menu based timetable empowering you to pick and choose what works for you each day. The program is open to all levels and all ages.
Shared (2 people sharing) - 900 GBP
Single – 1,150 GBP
Shared (2 people sharing) – 1,150 GBP
Single – 1,350 GBP
(the perfect space for sharing the room with another)
Shared (2 people sharing) – 1,350 GBP
Single – 1,550
The Royal villa is nothing short of divine! It embodies all that is magical and mystical about India.
Built in huge bed, sunken bathtub, indoor and outdoor lounge, natural salt pool, 2 mins walk to the beach...
Your stay will leave you feeling like Rajasthani royalty.
Price is upon request.
Sthira-Sukham-Asanam (Sutra 46) Yoga with with strength and a relaxed manner gives rise to harmony in the physical body. The two Yoga classes a day will be lead by myself, and I cannot wait to share my practise with you.
- My lifelong practise took me to the path of a powerful and physically demanding Vinyasa driven practise that manages to dance beautifully with the philosophy of yoga, it connects you to the power of your own body and opens your heart to healing.
- I will lead you into two Yoga practises a day. Each morning session is a flow, the evening sessions are more mellow and they vary between Yin, restorative, and sunset flow.
- Each class is different, two hours long, an uplifting vinyasa flow that is both yin and yang without being too much of both. We focus on mindful movements through transitions from pose to pose, a choreographed dance lead by the breath, sprinkled with arm balances and fun transition and inversions of all sorts.
- The classes will build on each other and flow with the retreat’s theme “good vibes”.
- You have the option to practice twice a day and our time on the mat will reflect and balance out the group dynamic as well as your personal needs.
- Your Yin Yoga class and a restorative class will be an opportunity to tune in, to allow the nervous system to have a break and to go deep into the stretches.
- The music is a strong component of the classes. The vibe of the class can sometimes feel like you have one foot on the mat and one foot on the dance floor and at other times you are “bathed” in meditative sound waves.
Bottom Line: we like to have a good time.
YOGA CLASSES OVERVIEW
*Morning session (everyday), 7:30 to 9:30am Powerful YMD vinyasa lead flow
*Afternoon session, 4pm – 6 pm We alternate between three different sessions
*Workshop: Inversions and backbends – Tuesday 5th & Thursday 7th
*Yin/Restorative – Sunday 3d, Wednesday 6th, Saturday 9th
*Sunset flow and meditation – Monday 4th, Friday 8th
Oh my Buddha am I excited about the food!!
The Chia lounge is famous in Goa for its amazing food, and the team has put together the most delightful vegetarian menu to treat us to two amazing meals a day as well as superfood smoothies and juices.
Breakfast - 9:45 am and Dinner - 8 pm
- Filtered drinking water & hot drinks including lemon ginger and chai will be served free of charge all day
- We cater for any food allergies, nut allergies, gluten intolerance or any specific additions to your meals.
- All meals are vegetarain but not gluten free, however we are more than happy to provide a gluten free and vegan option.
- The menu is protein rich and very well balanced and healthy.
Planned day off / out
On Nov 1st, we are planning a day out for you to visit the famous Indian Arjuna market.
- Morning yoga practise
- Breakfast served as usual
- leave Devarya to head inland.
- We will be dropped off at the entrance of the market and collected at the same place.
- You will shop till your heart’s content and will literally drown in a sea of colors: beautiful leather and fabric, hand painted ceramics, jewelry, lanterns, hammocks, wooden articrafts and a million other things.
- Dinner will be served once back to Devarya.
If you wish to take one afternoon or morning off from Yoga and head anywhere to explore, we will arrange for a taxi to collect you and bring you back safely.
About your Teacher
Dee started her yoga journey 13 years ago and embarked on her teacher training journey 5 years later in India. She then went on to train with the alignment based BWY (British wheel of Yoga) and had the privilege to study The Yoga Philosophy with the inspirational Carlos Pomeda for two years. Dee studied anatomy with Tim Goullet in London.
Dee revisits India and continues her learning in Kerala, Goa and Bangalore. In 2019, she reunited with her teacher Rusty Wells and immersed herself in the study of Bhakti Yoga and Bhakti flow.
Whilst her training is Hatha based, she found her voice in a mix of Ashtanga and Vinyasa and has structured her teaching style to reflect this.
Her classes are playful and fun, dotted with inversions and arm balances and are designed to focus on safety, on the breath and on the correct alignment of each pose through an understanding of biomechanics and the anatomy of the body. Dee’s classes are structured like a dance, the asanas woven together by the breath. A moving meditation, each class is designed with a peak posture in mind, usually a fun and playful arm balance that even beginners can experiment with through the use of props and modifications.
Dee’s wish is to spread the yoga love and her passion is to share her Yoga journey with others