Hatha & Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training
Are you ready for a life-changing experience?
Our Yoga Teacher Training programs are designed to take you to the spiritual heart of the practice - Hatha & Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training in Goa
Hatha & Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training in Goa
Mar 8 – 30, 2020 | $3,500 USD
Early bird price $2,795 USD until Dec 29, 2019
Learn how to teach both Hatha and Vinyasa yoga, and integrate BKS Iyengar alignment principles into a mindful Vinyasa Flow
**FIND YOUR OWN VOICE
You can only teach what you know, so we give you the skills to teach from your own experience and practical knowledge
We teach in small groups to give you the personal attention you deserve for maximum learning
This is a DOGMA FREE training with interesting, innovative teachers, all of whom are serious yoga practitioners with global reputations:
- Heather Elton (Asana & Yoga Philosophy)
- Nuria Reed (Vinyasa Flow)
- David Keil Online Anatomy Course
- And Guest Teachers
For more information about our teachers, visit our Yoga Teacher Training Faculty page. Space is limited to 16 students. We encourage you to apply early to ensure a place on the program.
The course is accredited by Yoga Alliance USA (200+ hours).
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
This 200-hour Teacher Training will provide you with a solid foundation for your yoga practice. It involves intense study of asana technique, yoga adjustments, assists & prop use, applied anatomy, sequencing asanas, yoga philosophy and practicum to practice teaching yoga, including creating a class
- Develop a skilful and varied asana practice, which is the starting place for an authentic yogic inquiry – a practice that moves beyond a mere physical experience to make it relevant to real life.
- Study BKS Iyengar inspired alignment principles and develop precise technique to avoid injury.
- Explore the ‘inner/outer’ techniques of yoga – breath/bandhas/dristi – that tie poses together into a seamless ‘moving meditation’ and reveal the spiritual path underlying the practice.
- Learn basic teaching points essential to each asana.
- Learn how to teach restorative yoga to nourish the body and reduce anxiety.
- Practise basic pranayama and meditation.
APPLIED ANATOMY & BIOMECHANICS OF MOVEMENT
- Applied anatomy for yoga asana
- Learn yoga anatomy and techniques to break down ‘peak poses’ so you can teach ‘workshop style’.
- Learnhow to teach yoga safely and make it accessible for everyone.
- Understand basic anatomy and safe alignment so you can prevent injuries in your students and yourself.Be able to make an informed decision about what aspects of yoga you like, what you want to practise and teach.
- Get hands-on experience with adjustments and props, to prepare you for working with all body types.
- Learn to develop observations skills to ‘read’ bodies and do hands on adjustments
- Learn skilful use props and modifications to make yoga accessible to everyone.
- Learn to guide the student’s physical body and breath to provide stability and equanimity in the pose.
- Study the Vinyasa of Touch, and the power of intention, to release patterns of emotional holding in the body.
- Study the history of yoga and Integrate yoga philosophy into your teachings and personal practice.
- Hindu, Buddhist and contemporary yogic philosophy are taught in a way that lifts it ‘off the page’ and ‘off the mat’.
- Have an overview of ancient yoga thought and the roots of modern postural yoga.
- Discuss current ideas in contemporary yoga like Neo-liberalism, Cultural Appropriation, Post-Colonialism and Gender Issues in Yoga.
- Yoga philosophy is not just an academic lesson, but a yogic inquiry relevant to real life.
- We aim to reveal the spiritual path underlying the practice so you can glimpse your true nature –Purusha (pure consciousness).
- Begin a genuine spiritual practice.
HOW TO TEACH
- We want you to learnhow to teach yoga, so we’ve built extra hours into our Practicum module.
- Rather than memorise some other teacher’s Vinyasa sequence, we want you have the knowledge and confidence to create your own yoga class.
- Build movement vocabularies and learn the Art of Sequencing vinyasa flow
- Work in groups and individually to create Vinyasa Flow sequences.
- Watch and give demonstrations of asanas, adjustments and Vinyasa Flow sequences.
- Give clear instructions and refine your verbal cues to communicate effectively.
- Watch videos of your demos and get valuable feedback from teachers and colleagues.
- How to teach a private client
WHAT WE BELIEVE
- Yoga is an ancient science that uses the body and breath to penetrate the mind and liberate us from suffering. Yoga is the path to enlightenment – Moksha.
- While there are many different authentic paths of Hatha yoga, we believe that they merge into ONE essential teaching that uses the body and the breath to liberate ourselves from suffering.
- Asana gives you freedom physically from illness and disease.
- Pranayama frees you from your regular breath and makes the pranic body vibrant and subtle.
- Meditation prepares an unstable and distracted mind for the inner limbs of yoga.
- We aim to give you the highest skills possible to teach and reveal the spiritual path underlying the practice so you can glimpse your true nature – Purusha (pure consciousness.)
- We want you to live the yogic reality – and to take the practice off the mat, integrate the knowledge into your life and share it with others.
- Deciding to teach yoga should not be a career move. It should be a sincere calling deep within your heart.
- Yoga Teacher Training is an investment in the future. Being an inspired and excellent teacher involves much more than getting a certificate. It requires dedication, discipline and years of continuous practice.
- You must also have a true desire to serve others in order to communicate to your students the true essence of yoga. Establishing yourself as a teacher is a journey of many steps: start your journey here and become the teacher or practitioner you aspire to be.
To be accepted on the training, you need to have a regular yoga practice of 3 times a week for a minimum of two years to ensure that you have the necessary physical stamina and mental discipline, but also to be embodied in asana practice.
Immersion-style training in Goa can easily take you out of your comfort zone. You will live in an intimate setting with total strangers. You’ll share a room. You’ll be totally immersed in yoga practice (pranayama/meditation/asana, philosophy, anatomy & physiology, as well as the business of yoga and practical teaching) for 10 hours a day, 6 days a week, for close to a month. It can be intense on a physical and emotional level. There will be good days and vulnerable days and we will help you find equanimity in the process. You will emerge having a taste of what it means to be a yogi.
SAMPLE DAILY TIMETABLE
6:00 – 7:15: Pranayama | Meditation
7:15 – 7:45: Tea break
7:45 – 9:45: Hatha Vinyasa yoga
10:00 – 11:00: Breakfast
11:00 – 13:00: Yoga Philosophy | Business of Yoga
13:00 – 15:00: Lunch break
15:00 – 18:00: Yoga clinic – Anatomy & Biomechanics of Movement | Adjustment Clinic | Asana Workshop | Sequencing Vinyasa Flow | Practicum (How to teach)
19:00 – 20:00: Dinner
20:00 – 21:30: Yoga film | Kirtan | Satsang | Yoga nidra | Reading | Saturday Nite Market | Free time
Note: This is a sample schedule and may change slightly due to festival holidays and the interests of the course. Sundays are free time.
Early bird price $2,895 until Dec 15, 2019
Includes yoga tuition + 2 vegetarian meals a day + twin share accommodation.
Single Supplement – $1980 USD
(Payment plans are possible on request.)
Apply here.. https://www.eltonyoga.com/goa-yoga-teacher-training/
Inclusions in addition to training package
- Accommodation inclusive of tax, bed linen, bath towels, hand soap & housekeeping services
- Yoga classes morning and afternoon each day plus all yoga props
- Two healthy, vegetarian buffet meals breakfast and dinner
- Filtered drinking water & hot drinks including lemon ginger and chai (full day)
- A variety of evening activities open to all throughout your stay including Indian Kirtan, OSHO meditations, Indian music, movie nights, chanting and meditation
- Flexibility to create your own holiday schedule around yoga classes
- Full use of resort amenities including two swimming pools, relaxation areas, gardens and private beach access with sun loungers
- Free Wifi in public areas
- Pool towels - beach towels not included