Essence of Yoga Retreat
Essence of Yoga Retreat
24th Nov - 1st December 2019
Dive into the essence of yoga practice and explore traditional yoga asana, pranayama, meditation and yoga philosophy. Set in the magical spheres of India and lushness of Goa, this retreat offers a space for all level practitioners who search for a deeper journey in the realms of yoga, and a sense of tranquility and grounding within. With a lightness in our step, a smile in our heart and openness in the mind, we unwind from the outside world and look for the simplicity of breathing and an authenticity in Being.
Morning practice: Hatha flow asana practice inspired by ashtanga sequencing, uniting strengthening movement with an inner silence. The heart of this yoga class is the tuning in of breath, drishti (steadying the gaze) and flow of movement. We play with the opposite forces of gravity and lightness; igniting the inner fire, and searching for grounding and a calmness of both body and mind.
Afternoon: In the afternoons we will be alternating between various softer yoga practices, combining pranayama, meditation and hatha/yin asana; lectures on yoga philosophy, reading extracts from ancient texts and understanding the fundamentals of the sacred Sanskrit language.
Your Teacher: Inka has been exploring the world of yoga for more than 20 years. She studied Hatha, Vijnana and is a devoted Mysore Ashtangi. She has a degree in Sanskrit and Eastern studies, and completed her TTC and various apprenticeships in Hatha and Ashtanga Yoga. Inka travels the world teaching yoga and working as a professional Thai massage therapist.
- Accommodation inclusive of tax, bed linen, bath towels, hand soap & housekeeping services
- Yoga classes morning and afternoon each day plus all yoga props
- Two healthy, vegetarian buffet meals breakfast and dinner
- One Thai Yoga Massage (60 minutes)
- Filtered drinking water & hot drinks including lemon ginger and chai (full day)
- A variety of evening activities open to all throughout your stay including Indian Kirtan, OSHO meditations, Indian music, movie nights, chanting and meditation
- Flexibility to create your own holiday schedule around yoga classes
- Full use of resort amenities including two swimming pools, relaxation areas, gardens and private beach access with sun loungers
- Free Wifi in public areas
- Pool towels - beach towels not included
- Smoke free environment
*Spa therapies, treatments, workshops, airport transfers and day excursions are available at extra cost during your stay
Euro Price Per Person:
Shared Rooms (based on two sharing)
Standard - 650
Junior Cottage - 720
Chakra Room - 800
Cottage - 870
Single Occupancy Rooms
Standard - 899
Junior Cottage - 950
Chakra Room - 1050
Cottage - 1150