Diwali Festival Yoga Retreat
Sunday 4th - Sunday 11th November 2018
Located in the heart of a serene seaside town in Goa is Devarya Wellness, where you can breathe, experience and live the yoga life. Spanning 7,000 square metres, this green retreat overlooking the Morjim Beach is a peaceful sanctuary for those seeking an escape from the monotony of a busy, urban existence. At Devarya, which translates into Divine Belief in Sanskrit, everyone from beginners to seekers and yogis can experience the goodness and mindfulness of a holistic yoga lifestyle.
Our skilled teachers with years of experience in Hatha, Vinyasa, Ashtanga, Yin and Iyengar yoga, have helped create an environment where you can enjoy a relaxing yoga retreat with like-minded souls from all over the world.
Specially designed to celebrate the colourful and mystical spirit of India, our bouquet of chakra themed rooms speak to your senses, lets you soak in the relaxed vibes of our property and restore with your inner balance. Our in-house beach front restaurant The Chia Lounge serves tasty & healthy organic meals complete with superfood fueling ingredients to help you detox your system. From enjoying our large swimming pools, sunbathing on the sandy Morjim beach or watching the sun set into the Arabian sea, you can experience it all at Devarya Wellness - the serene environment to stimulate your mind, energise your body and speak to your soul.
- Single Chakra Standard Room - 750 Euros per person
- Shared Chakra Standard Room - 499 Euros per person (based on two people sharing)
- Single Chakra Room for one person - 915 Euros per person
- Shared Chakra Room - 630 Euros per person (based on two people sharing)
- Single Junior Cottage for one person – 799 Euros per person
- Accommodation inclusive of tax, bed linen, bath towels, hand soap & housekeeping services
- Yoga classes morning and afternoon each day plus all yoga props
- Two buffet meals breakfast and dinner
- Two Ayurveda Massages during your stay
- Filtered drinking water & hot drinks including lemon ginger and chai (full day)
- A variety of evening activities open to all throughout your stay including Indian Kirtan, OSHO meditations, Indian music, movie nights, chanting and meditation
- Flexibility to create your own schedule around yoga classes
- Full use of resort amenities including two swimming pools, relaxation areas, gardens and private beach access with sun loungers
- Wifi in public areas
- Pool towels - beach towels not included
- Smoke, meat & alcohol free environment
Diwali, or Dipawali as it is also known, is India's biggest and most important holiday of the year. The festival gets its name from the row (avali) of clay lamps (deepa) that Indians light outside their homes to symbolize the inner light that protects from spiritual darkness.
On the first day of Diwali, people consider it auspicious to spring clean the home and shop for gold or kitchen utensils of which you can do locally at your leisure and enjoy the hustle and bustle of the start of Diwali.
On the second day, people decorate their homes with clay lamps and create design patterns called rangoli on the floor using colored powders or sand which you will be involved in creating during your retreat. The third day is the main day of the festival when families and friends gather together for a Lakshmi puja, a prayer to Goddess Lakshmi (the Goddess of prosperity) followed by mouth-watering food, sweets and firework festivities on our beach and around the retreat space. The fourth day is the first day of the new year when friends and relatives visit with gifts and best wishes for the season and a perfect to set your intentions in our New Year beach bonfire puja. On the last day of Diwali, brothers typically visit their married sisters who welcome them with love and a lavish meal. You'll be able to soak up the Diwali atmosphere here at Devarya Wellness.
During your retreat you will offered two Ayurvedic Massages from an experienced therapist at times of your choosing. Start your day off with a dynamic yoga class at 8am in one of our spacious and airy roof top yoga shalas. Followed by fresh fruit juices and a healthy wellness buffet breakfast in our Chia Lounge beach front restaurant at 10am. Devarya Wellness is located next to the shores of the Arabian sea, which is a safe place to swim and relax in peace, with private beach access and loungers via our restaurant. You can use your free time to soak up the sun, go on leisurely walks, enjoy incredible sunsets on our beach and explore the beautiful state of Goa & its local attractions. Afternoon yoga at 4pm is a slower more gentle class easing you into the evening. Buffet evening meal with fresh salads and authentically prepared Indian delicacies are served from 7pm. Round off your day with one of our evening activities at 8pm including kirtan, meditation, classical Indian music and OSHO therapies.
Other spa therapies, treatments, airport transfers and day excursions are available at extra cost during your stay.