Devarya Wellness 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
Devarya Wellness 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training with Arya Murty
20th Sept - 18th Oct 2020
DEVARYA WELLNESS YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
At Devarya, we believe that the true root of yoga teacher training lies in authenticity & so our teachers are consciously selected to collaborate with us. Curating years of self-study, consistent self practice & deep yogic studies to share with our students. The learning space at Devarya & our experienced teachers allows for a journey of self-discovery and personal evolution that nurtures our students to discover their own unique style of sharing yoga with authentic teachings. Our teachers not only teach yoga but live & breathe the yogic lifestyle; yogic philosophy is embedded in their everyday life which flows into their teachings & the space they hold. Yoga Teacher Training allows you to connect to your inner self on a deeper level, learn new skills and forge new friendships with your fellow students & teachers.
India is the birth place of yoga and we believe there is no better energy in the world than Mama India to learn the foundations of yoga teachings. Our serene space has been designed to stimulate your mind, energise your body & awaken the cosmic soul. As a successful yoga retreat centre in India, we offer teacher training because we believe it is our Dharma to share and give back the pure essence of yoga practice and all that it can create. We are always looking to welcome our experienced students back to Devarya Wellness for future yoga teaching and collaborations, forming a long lasting international yoga and wellness community. We would look forward to welcoming you into our Devarya Wellness fold & supporting you on your new journey of yoga practice, sharing & the evolution of self that follows.
Arya Murty belongs to a spiritually inclined family. He started Mantra Yoga practice at the age of 18. His Mantra based meditation practice is connected with Ganesha, Shiva and Shakti.
He left his Mathematics teacher job; Went to Rishikesh for spiritual studies. He was in Swami Dayananda Ashram for three years as a residential student ( Bramhachri). He studied the Bhagavad-Gita, Yoga Sutras and other spiritual texts. A residential student of Sivananda Ashram guided him in improving his Yogic practices.
He lived in semi forest areas, holy temple premises, for a period of four years in doing intense mantra chanting and meditation.
After completing studies in Rishikesh, he went to Kerala. He learned systematic way of worshipping and performing simple Fire Ritual as per Kerala Smarta Tantra Tradition.
He lived for four years in Kollur, abode of Bhagvati Mukambika , a small village in the Western Ghats of Karnataka. In those days, he used to do intense mantra chanting of Goddess; and meditation on form and formless aspects of Goddess. He used to be silent from 6 Am to 6 Pm, on everyday.
His teaching background, committed spiritual studies, wandering lifestyle and intense practices moulded him as successful teacher. His classes will be well structured, clear and methodical. Unfolding complex concepts in simple stories is his unique.
He believes and often will say to his students, ' You are unique. On this planet no one is equal to you. Never imitate others. Recognize you’re potential. Follow your Inner Master. You will be successful in all walks of life."
His daily practices are:-
* Mantra recitation. Meditation.
* Chanting the Bhagavad-Gita, Yoga Sutra, Selected topics of Upanishads.
* Observing silence.
Highlights of his classes are:-
* Clear presentation of the subject.
* Unfolding complex concepts with simple, humorous stories.
* Considering individual differences.
* Making everyone comfortable.
COURSE SYLLABUS & SUBJECTS COVERED
You will learn:
* Pavanamuktasana series 1, 2 & 3
* Sun Salutations
* Intermediate level of asanas of the following categories:
- Forward bends
- Back bends
- Lateral bends
For every asana you will receive detailed step by step cues with breathing coordination.
Alignment principles, adjustments, contraindications, benefits.
Teacher's demo, Students ' one to one ' practice. Questions and Answers.
* Anuloma and Viloma Pranayama
* Anuloma and Viloma Pranayama with graded retention.
* Kaphala Bhati and Bhastrika
* Sheetali and Sheet Kari
Every practice includes.
* Teacher's demo with clear explanation.
* Students' one to one practice; Group practice.
* Questions and Answers
Patanjali's Yoga Sutras:-
Orthodox and Heterodox schools of Philosophy; Definition of Sutra; Definition of Eswara - Universal Consciousness; Value of a value based lifestyle.
Yama :- Social Code of conduct
Niyama:- Personal Code of conduct
Pratyahara:- Withdrawal of senses from sensory objects
Dharana :- Ability to focus
Samadhi: - One's own natural state of happiness
Hatha Yoga Pradeepika. Briefing all the four chapters. Highlights are:-
- Food habits
- Obstacles and means to overcome
- Ten Yamas
- Ten Niyamas
- Mudras, Bhandhs
- Energy channels
- Location of energy centers
- Kundalini energy
Mental condition of a Yogi who is well-established in Samadhi
Brief information on Yoga Upanishads
PHYSIOLOGY AND ANATOMY:-
* Yogic Physiology. Three bodies, Five Sheaths, Energy channels, Chakras - Intersecting points of energy channels.
* Modern Physiology - Major systems of body, Yogic practices for each system.
*Anatomy - Skeletal system and Anatomical movements.
* Classical streams of Yoga including Jyana Yoga / Bhakti Yoga / Karma Yoga / Hatha Yoga / Ashtanga Yoga.
*Contemporary styles including Ashtanga / Vinyasa Yoga / Krama Vinyasa Yoga / Vinyasa Yoga / Sivananda Yoga / Iyengar Yoga / Hot Yoga
*Personal and professional qualities of a Yoga Teacher.
*Teaching asana, Pranayama and meditation.
*Importance of a lesson plan.
*Your responsibility in society as a Yoga Teacher
6.30 am to 7.00 am:-
Chanting Mantras, Universal Prayers and Selected Yoga Sutras.
7.00 am to 9.00 am :-
Asana practice, Pranayama.
9.00 to 10.45 :- Breakfast
11.00 to 13.00 :-
Two lectures on Yoga Philosophy/ Anatomy and Physiology ( Yogic and Modern)
13.00 to 14.45 :- Lunch break and Relaxation.
15.00 to 16.30 :- Alignment and Adjustment
4.30 to 17.00 :- Refreshing
17.00 to 19.00 :- Asana, Pranayama/ Yoga Nidra.
* Orientation -- First day morning 10 am.
* Certification --Last day morning 10 am.
* On the 6 th day of the week, classes will be up to 13.00 Pm only.
* 7 th day of the week will be for self studies.
- Accommodation inclusive of tax, bed linen, bath towels, hand soap & housekeeping services
- Full training course, manual & certification plus all yoga props in our roof top shalas
- Three vegetarian buffet meals breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Filtered drinking water & hot drinks including lemon ginger and chai (full day)
- A variety of evening activities open to all throughout your stay including Indian kirtan, meditations, Indian music, movie nights, chanting and meditation
- Full use of resort amenities including two swimming pools, relaxation areas, gardens and private beach access with sun loungers
- Wifi in public areas
Please contact us for pricing
This is a Devarya Yoga Training with certificates issued by Arya Murty who is ERYT 500 hours & qualified to give certification. On successful completion of the training, students are issued with a certificate that states they have completed the required 200 hours of study, practice & training. The certificate you receive is globally recognized allowing you to teach whatever you practice in a professional capacity.
In order to become certified, students are required to attend all scheduled practices and lectures with a minimum 95% attendance. If pass marks or the required basic level of teaching is not attained a student will be given a 200-hour certificate with a footnote stating ‘further training required before teaching the public’. At a later date of their choosing (by video or in person) a student can be reassessed and the ‘full’ certificate issued
Arya is ERYT 500 hours, and qualified to provide courses under" Continuing Yoga Education".
Pre requisites are:-
* Basic asana practice.
* Ability to sit in a meditative pose for 30 mins.
* Most important is...open mindedness.
Please email email@example.com for more information or to book. Arya Murty is also available via email & whats app for pre-course communication