50 Hours Yin Yoga Teacher Training Course
50 Hours Yin Yoga Teacher Training course
27th January - 3rd February 2019
What is Yin Yoga?
Yin Yoga is a subtle, deep and powerful approach to Yoga. It is an individually adapted, slow, meditative and deep opening asana practice combined with internal awareness. Asanas are practiced in a passive way with relaxed muscles. In this style most postures are floor postures and are held for a longer period of time like 3-5 minutes or more. When we hold the pose for 3-5min then we reach into the deepest layers of our body working on the connective tissues, fascia, ligaments, tendons and joints. Letting go, listening to your inner voice and connecting to your true nature is the key and goal.
In Yang style of yoga postures are held for 3-60 seconds or 4-5 breaths only and all the muscles are actively involved. Ashtanga yoga, Vinyasa or Hatha are the best examples of yang styles of yoga. Through the gentle but long hold stimulation of the connective tissue in Yin Yoga we increase mobility in the joints, recharge the energetic system of the body and draw the senses inward which brings the mind into a relaxed and meditative state. Yin Yoga is a wonderful preparation for longer meditation, pysically and mentally
Yin Yoga combines breathing and asana into a meditative, very deep opening and healing practice. It´s more about BEING and letting go than DOING
About the course
This Yin Yoga training is suitable for all dedicated yoga practitioners and yoga teachers of all levels and styles who would like to deepen their practice and understanding of yoga, their own body and like to explore and learn a complementary practice to all the dynamic yoga styles. This training will amplify both your knowledge about and your practice of yoga, therefore supplementing the unfolding of your spiritual path. Prior knowledge and experience of any style of yoga will be helpful. The training is a combination of theory and practice both. Aspects we address are: anatomy, philosophy, teaching methology, motion analysis, group work and intense Asana practice. Yin Yoga will be practiced 3-4 hours every day, including meditation and pranayama. To understand and embody what Yin Yoga is about. Feeling and exploration has priority and huge transformative effects on body, mind and soul. The training will give you 50 hrs of yoga alliance certification 50 CEPs (continuous education program).
After the training you will have all tools to teach a Yin Yoga class with more than 35 Yin Yoga Asanas and to give your students individual assists and variations in every pose. And of course you will do your own Yin Yoga practice with awareness and respect to the limitations of your body. You will understand why two people will never experience the same yoga posture in the same way, and the same pose may look different on every person due to the individual bone structure.
The Yin Yoga training is an opportunity to immerse yourself more deeply into the various aspects of Yin Yoga, the physical, mental and emotional aspects. Especially we dive into the energetic aspects of the Meridians and Chi Flow. We will amplify our anatomical understanding and knowledge in theory and practice and explore the fascinating world of connective tissue (Fascia). Themes will be chronic back pain, the impact of emotional stress and Yin Yoga therapy.
In our Yin Yoga practice and sequences we will have a different theme every day focusing on the various parts of the body, integrating the use of Mudras and gear towards the different Meridians, as well as practicing Yin on the wall. Toward the end of the course we will integrate Yang into our practice and explore the power of Yin & Yang where it is all about balance. Combining dynamic and creative Vinyasa or meditation with deep opening meditative Yin Yoga.
Total 50hrs profound Yin Yoga practice, theory and exploration
Mona, originally from Germany but living in Spain & India, has been working as a body worker for over 20 years. She is an experienced teacher certified in Ashtanga, Vinyasa Flow and Yin yoga. Moreover, she has been practicing as a holistic massage therapist. At her yoga centre at Agonda beach in Goa, India, she has been offering open yoga classes and workshops for the last 8 years. In Asia and Europe she holds retreats, workshops and provides yoga training and immersion. For the past 10 years she has intensively practiced Ashtanga, Vinyasa Flow and Yin Yoga and has extended her experience in Anusara, Iyengar, Acro and Hormone yoga through exposure to different mentors in Germany, Spain, and India. She combines the dynamic, sweeping style of Vinyasa Flow yoga with the distinct, slow, and meditative elements of Yin yoga while placing particular attention to both breath and flow of life energy.
“Yang is about doing, yin is about letting go.” It’s all about balance´
To Mona, yoga means to be right here, right now; to surrender to the flow of life; to trust it; and to accept the challenges of it as a great gift. Yoga is far more than the practice of asanas. Rather, it is a philosphy of life, which has brought lots of joy, love, and peace into hers. She seeks to share this experience with her students. Deep relaxation from the very first moment, pure yoga geared to the requirements of each student free from constraints of style or judgements. This is the characteristic of Mona’s practice and teachings, which she conveys with lots of heart, passion, and empathy
Gunnar from Germany but living in Spain and India is a former athletics professional. He has worked as sports coach, has received training as sport massage therapist, and was educated in energetic massage techniques. Years of professional sea diving gave him insight into a variety of different breathing techniques and the application thereof. During a visit to India 10 years past he has had his first encounter with yoga. His experience gained from both sports and professional life made him realize the holistic perfection of yoga. Ever since, he has been practicing yoga regularly.
Gunnar has undertaken trainings in Ashtanga Vinyasa Flow and Yin. He continues to broaden his capacity in meditation and pranayama. He incorporates the many decades of experience working as sports coach in his style of conveying yoga to his students. Gunnar focuses on teaching his students the proper way of breathing. And, of course, in Gunnar’s classes there is always room for a dash of heartfelt humor.
We recognize in each person her/his uniqueness and adapt yoga to the individual. Variations and modifications of yoga practice are therefore a given and encouraged. Rigid principles and dogmas are none of our business. “What’s good for me is not necessarily good for you.” Our teaching style is characterized by passion, enthusiasm, and clarity. While remaining rooted in everyday existence we gradually aligned our lives according to the principles of yoga, walked the path of yoga. Extensive excursions in India and visits to other parts of Asia, intensive training in yoga, massage therapy and Ayurveda provided the basis for us so we can now share this path with you heart to heart.
We look forward to spending quality time with you.
More details about Mona and Gunnar’s work can be found here www.yoga-sunshine.com
50 hours Yin Yoga Course content
- Daily morning practice of an intense 2hrs Yin Yoga class with different themes every day including meditation & pranayama
- Yin Yoga Practice on the wall • Practice Yin Yoga related to the Meridians, stimulate the Qi along the Meridians
- Afternoon Yin Yoga practice short sequences or student teaching
- 35 Yin Yoga Asanas in theory and practice, breakdown of each Asana
- Variations, modification and the use of props in each of the 35 Asanas
- 2 Classes Yin & Yang ´It´s all about balance´ an Asana experience combining dynamic, creative Vinyasa Flow and deep opening meditative Yin Yoga
- Anatomy according to Paul Grilley Looking at the 14 segments of the bone structure Understanding the individual bone structure/skeleton Compression versus Tension (Limitation in all asanas & the uniqueness of the human body)
- Fascia and Tensegrity (appreciate the role of connective tissues in relation to yoga practice)
- Motion analysis in the group, understanding the impact of individual bone structure in the Asana practice
- Approach to the Meridian System (12 main meridians) and Chi Flow in Yin Yoga
- Yin Yoga and Integration of Mudras
- Fascinating world of Fascia `The matrix connective tissue`
- Modern Meridian theory according to Dr. Motoyama (looking at the fascia network versus the energetic channels (Meridians)
- Fascia research the newest results
- The learning prescription (Shravana, Manana, Nididhyasa)
- What is Yin Yoga about? Knowledge and understanding of the Yin Yoga approach (Difference between a Yin passive and Yang dynamic style of Yoga)
- Yin & Yang (The Chinese understanding how the world functions)
- Study the benefits of the Yin Yoga Practice (physical, energetical, mental and emotional) and how Yin Yoga can improve your health
- Pain relief through Yin Yoga stimulating the fascia
- Chronic back pain, Hernia (slipped disc), pain therapy
- Where does pain come from?
- The impact of emotional stress to chronic pain
7.00 am – 9.00 am Asana Practice, Meditation and Pranayama
9.00 am – 10.00 am Anatomy, Lecture, Theory
10.00 am – 11.00 am Breakfast
11.00 am – 1.00 pm Theory, Video, Group Work
1.00 pm – 2.30 pm Lunch Break
2.30 pm – 4.15 pm Motion Analysis, Group Work, Student Teaching
4.15 pm – 4.30 pm Tea Break
4.30 pm – 5.45 pm Asana Practice
7pm onwards buffet dinner
8pm - evening activities
Note: Twice a week we will have an evening session 7.45 pm – 9.30 pm
Price & Accommodation PER PERSON
***Early Bird discount of 50 euros per person or 60 euros per person when registering with a friend - available until 31st October 2018***
Please contact us for pricing
Included in Price
- Accommodation priced per person inclusive of tax, bed linen, bath towels, hand soap & housekeeping services
- Two buffet meals breakfast and dinner
- Filtered drinking water & hot drinks including lemon ginger and chai (full day)
- A variety of evening activities open to all throughout your stay including Indian Kirtan, OSHO meditations, Indian music, movie nights, chanting and meditation
- Full use of resort amenities including two swimming pools, relaxation areas, gardens and private beach access with sun loungers
- Welcome drink and introduction talk with Founders
- Wifi in public areas
- Pool towels - beach towels not included
- Full support from the beginning of your booking process right through to the day of check out, ensuring your retreat is supported efficiently and fluidly
- Full 50 hour course and manual
Booking - please contact us directly for registration and booking information
30% deposit is required at time of booking with final payment due two months before arrival (January 27th)
Payment plans are available please ask at time of booking.
All deposits are non refundable.
- Cancellations made 0 – 30 days before the start date of your holiday will be entitled to a 0% refund.
- Cancellations made 31 – 60 days before the start date of your holiday will be entitled to a 50% refund.
- In the unlikely event that Devarya Wellness is unable to fulfill a yoga holiday booking we will refund 100% of your payment or offer you an alternative arrangement. However Devarya Wellness will not be accountable for flight costs or other costs incurred outside of the yoga holiday package.